Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program (SYELP)
Purpose of program: The Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program (SYELP) is a youth employment program, connecting Connecticut youth living in the North Central Region between the ages of 14 and 24 with career exploration opportunities and paid work experience each summer.
Participants have the opportunity to explore their interests and career pathways, develop workplace skills and engage in learning experiences that help in developing their social, civic and leadership skills.
By participating in structured project and work-based opportunities, Connecticut youth are better prepared for careers of the future.
Pre-Application Deadline: May 1st, 2021
Program dates for Summer 2021: The SYELP program runs for July 1st – August 27th, 2021.
Prior to starting the Pre – Application Please have the following documents prepared to upload.
- School Status Documentation – Ex: School Transcript, Report Card
- Age Documentation – Ex: School Record, Birth Certification, State ID
- Address Documentation – Ex: School Record, state ID, utility bill
- Work Eligibility Documentation– Ex: Social security card, US Passport
- Please note that this specific document can submitted during the intake process From May -June
- Income Documentation – Ex: School record, Free or reduce lunch form, SNAP, TFA, DCF paperwork
If you’re an employer interested in participating, we want to connect with you! Contact Sashauna Stewart, Youth Employment Coordinator, at email@example.com.
SYELP Provider Documents
Youth Documents and Forms
Youth & Young Adults