Gain specific work competencies and trade-related certifications.
The Jobs Funnel is a pre-employment preparation and job training “stepping stone” for Connecticut residents who are seeking employment in construction and construction-related trades. The name “Jobs Funnel,” is taken from a process individuals go through – funneling into the system to gain specific work competencies and trade-related certifications. They then funnel out to build self-sustaining and rewarding careers.
In Capital Workforce Partners’ region, there is a Jobs Funnel office in Hartford and New Britain that serves residents from all of North Central Connecticut.
Jobs Funnel Program Criteria
- 18 or older
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Able to read and write English
- Reside in North Central Connecticut
- Physically fit to perform the required work
- Have valid photo identification from the Connecticut DMV
- Access to reliable transportation
- OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY
Jobs Funnel Program Process
- Attend informational session
- Provide residency verification (picture ID and address)
- Complete academic assessment
- Work on career development plan with employment specialist
- Successfully complete assigned pre-employment workshops
Jobs Funnel Public Information Sessions and Directions
Veeder Place | 20 – 28 Sargeant St., Hartford, CT 06105
Every Thursday at 10:00 am (no late admission)
Dial #5 for access to the 3rd floor
Please bring with you: CT photo ID, Valid SS Card, Proof of Residency, and Birth Certificate
BEST Chance Program
BEST Chance Program
The BEST Chance Program is your best chance toward a great career, and offers free training and job placement for former offenders.
The BEST Chance Program will prepare you for careers in Construction, Culinary Arts, or Pre-Manufacturing. Benefits include:
- Transportation Assistance
- Supportive Services
Are you interested or do you know someone who may be interested? If so, attend an upcoming orientation session.
2021 Virtual Orientation Sessions
Fridays from 9:30 am – 10:30 am — No Late Admission
Complete Pre Application
Youth & Young Adults