Capital Workforce Partners is pleased to announce the generous investment of The Travelers Foundation’s contribution of a $90,000 grant to Capital Workforce Partners in support of youth employment strategies aligned to the Hartford Student Internship Plan (HSIP). The funding will directly support some of the anticipated 125 internships through the 2017-18 HSIP school year program. This further supports the year round career and work readiness strategies to prepare juniors and seniors for post-secondary success as part of CWP’s strategic priorities. In addition to HSIP, other similar CWP strategies include Career Pathways Youth Program, Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program and other programs.
- Hartford Public Schools will pay incoming ninth-graders to attend new summer school program June 19, 2019
- Helen G. Sneed has been named president of the CSCU Foundation April 15, 2019
- Mongellow succeeds CT Bankers’ Pinkham April 3, 2019
- Workforce Solutions Collaborative of Metro Hartford awards Capital Workforce Partners $149,899 For Metro Hartford Alliance for Careers in Health (MACH) March 29, 2019
- Grant from the Beatrice Fox Auerbach Foundation Fund at the Hartford Foundation Awards $80,033.00 to Help Transition for the Reentry Community March 4, 2019