New Britain YouthBuild
YouthBuild gives New Britain youth ages 17-24 the opportunity to get their High School Diploma or GED while gaining occupational skills training and certifications in the construction sector.
The New Britain YouthBuild project will provide construction training to 70 New Britain youth without a high school diploma or GED. Participants will be trained using the nationally acclaimed Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST) model where they will learn basic academic skills in the context of the skills necessary to be successful in construction industry.
Upon completion of the program, YouthBuild participants will have accomplished the following:
- earn industry recognized credentials;
- earn a GED or equivalent;
- achieve literacy and numeracy gains;
- advance to post-secondary education, a registered apprenticeship or employment;
- retain education or employment for a minimum of 9 months;
- the recidivism rate for court-involved youth will be less than half the national average
At the end of the New Britain YouthBuild project, the youth will have constructed five (5) single family affordable houses located in the following neighborhoods: Willow Street, Fairview Street, and Newington Avenue.
New Britain American Job Center
260 Lafayette St., New Britain, CT 06053
Every Thursday: 9:00 am
Tickets are not needed for this event posted on Facebook.
Simply join us if you are interested.
L to R: Victor Colon, YouthBuild Participant; Jose Abreu, YouthBuild Participant; Heriberto (Eddie) Cajigas, CT Department of Labor, Jobs Funnel Program Manager.
Youth & Young Adults