Gain specific work competencies and trade-related certifications.
The Jobs Funnel is a pre-employment preparation and job training “stepping stone” for Connecticut residents who are seeking employment in construction and construction-related trades. The name “Jobs Funnel,” is taken from a process individuals go through – funneling into the system to gain specific work competencies and trade-related certifications. They then funnel out to build self-sustaining and rewarding careers.
In Capital Workforce Partners’ region, there is a Jobs Funnel office in Hartford and New Britain that serves residents from all of North Central Connecticut.
Jobs Funnel Program Criteria
- 18 or older
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Able to read and write English
- Reside in North Central Connecticut
- Physically fit to perform the required work
- Have valid photo identification from the Connecticut DMV
- Access to reliable transportation
- OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY
Jobs Funnel Program Process
- Attend informational session
- Provide residency verification (picture ID and address)
- Complete academic assessment
- Work on career development plan with employment specialist
- Successfully complete assigned pre-employment workshops
Jobs Funnel Public Information Sessions and Directions
Veeder Place | 20 – 28 Sargeant St., Hartford, CT 06105
Every Thursday at 10:00 am (no late admission)
Dial #5 for access to the 3rd floor
Please bring with you: CT photo ID, Valid SS Card, Proof of Residency, and Birth Certificate
Connecticut Women Can Weld!
CT Women Can Weld! is a no-cost training program that introduces women to exciting careers in welding.
The program is 10 weeks long, 32 hours a week, Monday through Thursday, from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
The program will be conducted by the Ironworkers Local 15 Joint Apprenticeship Training. Classes begin March 8, 2021Complete Pre Application
BEST Chance Program
BEST Chance Program
The BEST Chance Program is your best chance toward a great career, and offers free training and job placement for former offenders.
The BEST Chance Program will prepare you for careers in Construction, Culinary Arts, or Pre-Manufacturing. Benefits include:
- Transportation Assistance
- Supportive Services
Are you interested or do you know someone who may be interested? If so, attend an upcoming orientation session.
2021 Virtual Orientation Sessions
Fridays from 9:30 am – 10:30 am — No Late Admission
Complete Pre Application
Youth & Young Adults