125 Paid Internships for Students in
Ten Schools in Hartford
- Bulkeley High School
- Culinary Arts Academy
- HPHS Academy of Engineering & Green Technology
- HPHS Academy of Nursing and Health Sciences
- HPHS Law & Government Academy
- High School, Inc: Hartford’s Insurance & Finance Academy
- Journalism & Media Academy
- Pathways Academy of Technology & Design
- Sport and Medical Sciences Academy
- University High School of Science & Engineering
Internships for eligible juniors and seniors start March 6, 2017. Students who are interested need to contact their school internship coordinators or Tamara Mitchell-Davis, Assistant Director of Career Pathways, Internships and Business Operations at 860-695-8888 or via email email@example.com
(There is no online application).
The Hartford Student Internship Plan (HSIP), a partnership with Hartford Public Schools, Capital Workforce Partners, the City of Hartford, MetroHartford Alliance and CBIA, offers project-based learning experiences and internships to juniors and seniors in high school. Through this program students participate in mock interviews, resume development and other workforce readiness training prior to gaining actual work experience. Internship placements are aligned to student interest and/or academy theme of the high school.
This HSIP program is generously funded by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.