Capital Workforce Partners is gearing up for the 2018 Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program!
To be eligible for the SYELP, you must:
- Be between 14-21 years old as of July 1, 2018
- Live in the North Central Region
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- You may also have to meet one of the following income requirements:
- Be eligible for free or reduced lunch; or
- Be receiving food stamps or cash assistance from the state; or
- Have an active DCF case; or
- Be a member of a family with income below a certain amount
Priority Youth: If you meet the following criteria, you will receive priority status during the intake and selection process.
Reside in one of the following towns:
- New Britain
- East Hartford
- West Hartford
- Vernon - minimum age requirement for the town of Vernon is 16 years of age
A rising junior, senior or 2018 high school graduate, with an attendance rate of 90% or better
The following programs are funded through Capital Workforce Partners for Summer Youth Employment opportunities. Funding is subject to availability.
Please be aware that funding for the program has not yet been finalized. We encourage you to contact your local elected official to show your support for the program.
To apply for the 2018 summer program please contact your preferred program or click the preapplication link below. The preapplication will be available until May 31, 2018.
OIC of New Britain
Priority town to be served: New Britain
Contact: Patrice Hill
Our Piece of the Pie
Priority town to be served: Hartford
Contact: Marlowe Barnes
Town of Vernon
Priority town to be served: Vernon
Contact: Kimberly McTighe
A GLIMPSE from this Year's 2016 Summer Youth Employment and Learning Program
Summer Youth Employment and Learning Programming is often funded through a combination of municipal, state, grant and foundation funding streams. Funding is often unpredictable and the level of public funding never seems to match the level of youth need and interest.
If you believe in giving young people the opportunity to become part of the world of work please visit the “Support Workforce” section of our site to learn about all the ways that you can help us support Youth Employment.