Weatherization Training Puts People to Work
Thanks to Senator John Fonfara, and other state leaders, A.I. Prince Tech, E.M.G.C. Inc. and CWP's Jobs Funnel here in Hartford, over 15 people have promising careers ahead of them in the field of Weatherization. The program launched late in 2012, and the Weatherization students completed their work 3/27/14.
- 18 individuals enrolled in the program and 16 completed; the 2 early exits were due to securing full time employment
- 9 of those students went on to obtain both BPI and BPI Shell Envelope Certifications
- Many of these individuals also received certifications in OSHA 10, Lead Safe Weatherization, EPA Lead Safety Course for Certified Renovators and more.
- 15 of the 18 students who entered the Weatherization Course at A.I. Prince Tech are currently employed, and 1 has established his own business
- Businesses benefitting include: Victory Energy Solutions; Energy Efficiency Solutions; Fox Heating; APlus Construction; RES; AC Development; and, John Anderson Glass
Training programs work!!!